Thylakoids are the parts of green leaves which house chlorophyl. Appethyl® is derived from spinach leaves, by gently releasing thylakoids so that the body can assimilate them.
Proper nourishment depends on the stomach and intestines’ timely interaction with the brain, meaning they send satiety signals after you have eaten. Thylakoids release these satiety hormones. It also takes more time for food containing thylakoids to travel through the intestines, which in turn stimulates satiety hormones more effectively. You feel full and satisfied for a longer time and don’t crave snacks between meals.
Thylakoids can also calm a “nervous stomach” and stimulate fat burning. They have a prebiotic effect, promoting the growth of a beneficial bacterial flora.
Refined thylakoids can:
- Improve appetite control
- Regulate appetite according to need
- Release satiety hormones from the gut (cholecystokinin and glucagon-like peptide-1)
- Prolong feelings of satiety
- Reduce snacking
- Result in weight loss under extended regular use
- Lower lipids and cholesterol in the blood
- Stimulate growth of bacterial flora Lactobacillus Reuteri